The Rules of Engagement for a New Game: IPD Contract “Styles” and You!
Chair: E. Mitchell Swann, P.E., Member, MDC Systems, Paoli, PA
Integrated Project Delivery
Sunday 23 June 2013
1:30 PM-3:00 PM
SEMINAR 8 (ADVANCED)
Plaza Ballroom F, Sheraton Hotel, 1150 Court Place, Denver, CO 80202
Sponsor: 01.07 Business, Management & General Legal Education, TC07.01
Integrated project delivery is rolling across the nation in waves. The goal is to get better efficiency and better quality with fewer change orders and much less aggravation. Pooled profits, shared risks and ‘covenants not to sue’ can be part of that brave new world. But to work so well together means that the payers will need to drop their traditional guards to support the ‘openness’ that IPD demands. How is that done? How do I do THE job while protecting MY job? This program highlights several of the most commonly used IPD contract forms, addresses how you keep track, and tells you what to do if “issues” do arise.
1. Integrating the Boots On the Ground: The Contractor’s Perspective….Roland Nikles, J.D., Rogers Joseph O’Donnel, San Francisco, CA
2. Am I the Brains of the Outfit?: The Designer’s Perspective….Julie Sneed Muller, J.D., Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP, Jackson, MS
3. Over the Finish Line Together: The Owner’s Perspective….John Theiss, J.D., Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, WA
Click here for more information on the 2013 Annual ASHRAE Conference.
You may like:
- ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, 2012 Fall Meeting
- MDC Systems® Attends Small Business Summit, Knoxville, Tennessee, July 9-11
- MDC Systems® Joins National Veteran-Owned Business Association Event, Wilmington, DE, June 7, 2012
- MDC Systems’® Swann Is Distinguished Lecturer at ASHRAE/Chicago Chapter Event, April 10, 2012