MDC Systems® wants to thank all of the MDC Advisor recipients who participated in the online survey regarding the effectiveness of our monthly electronic newsletter. This survey was conducted in June and July 2012 by Kramer Communications.
MDC Systems® is pleased to share the following statistical results with you.
• Over 90% of respondents report reading the MDC Advisor newsletter
• Over 56% of respondents like receiving the newsletter monthly
• 71% of respondents report finding the information “useful”
• 24% of respondents said the information was “very useful”
• 80% of respondents want more industry trend information
• 48% of respondents seek advice on improving project performance
• 25% of respondents would like more industry headlines
Survey respondents suggested the following topics for articles in future editions of the MDC Advisor.
• Outdoor, environmental issues
• Personal interest stories
• Successful projects and how the team accomplished its goals/challenges
• Executive summaries of past and recent projects
• Commentaries on trends and case studies
• Best practices
• Links to other web sites related to construction project management
• Current case studies
MDC Systems® responds to several content suggestions in more detail below.
• As many readers know MDC Systems® cannot include any information on current cases in our monthly newsletter given our commitment to confidentiality. This restriction prevents us from sharing with MDC Advisor readers what are often the most interesting and instructive cases.
• Many readers also indicated that they would find links to past MDC Advisor newsletters useful. Please note that an archive of past MDC Advisor newsletters currently exists on the MDC Systems® website. MDC Advisor newsletters actually date back to the early 1980’s and can be accessed directly by clicking http://www.mdcsystems.com/newsletters.html or by visiting www.mdcsystems.com … News Tab … Newsletters.
• MDC Systems® can and does provide professional seminars that focus on preventing, finding, correcting and/or solving the most pressing Project and Construction Management issues of the day. Based on our collective experiences, we are always looking ahead to relevant issues on the horizon. Recent seminar topics to date have included developing BIM technology and emerging Green Building issues.
• The MDC Advisor will reprint articles from other industry writers and if you have an article that you would like us to reprint, please let us know. Reader feedback is always welcome and MDC is always available to discuss current, future or previous articles.
Again, we appreciate your survey input and will attempt to incorporate your suggestions into future editions of the MDC Advisor.
Bob McCue, PE & Mitch Swann, PE
Principals, MDC Systems®